Mini ammo available

Started by grayelky, June-22-14 23:06

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

For those who are in need of self defense .22 mag ammo, the below web site can solve your problem, and at a reasonable price. They charge $16.99 per box, plus shipping. Sorry, I know nothing about this business.

http://www.sgogunsandammo.com/product-p/0954.htm

SPEER GOLD DOT 22 MAG 40GR GDHP-SB 50 RND BOX *NO LIMITS
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

ptrck85

Thanks for the recommendation on ammo. Will have to look into it. What I've found readily available is the CCI brand.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." --Churchill

I

Those gold dots are hard to find on a good day...

Adk.IBO

The way I understand it in NY State it has to go through an FFL which puts it at stupid prices not to mention most dealers won't do it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stay safe, John
Luke 23:34

grayelky

Quote from: Adk.IBO on June-23-14 09:06
The way I understand it in NY State it has to go through an FFL which puts it at stupid prices not to mention most dealers won't do it anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stay safe, John
Can't help you on asinine NY State laws. So far, God has not gotten mad enough at me to cause me to live there.  For my shop, if I can help a customer, I try to. If I can make a nickel, or 2, I will. It makes no sense to me to not order something a customer wants to spend money on. Remember, the dealer has to pay the light bill. It is a little unfair to expect you to cover it on a couple of boxes of ammo.

Adk.IBO

It's not that I don't appreciate your efforts to inform us of ammo availability, I do. It is frustrating though. I really would practice more with my Wasp if I was sure to get ammo regularly. I have been self employed since 1986 and agree with making money and supporting businesses. It just doesn't make sense to spend it sometimes, for me anyway.

Stay safe, John
Luke 23:34

TwoGunJayne

I'd shoot minis a whole lot more, except for this availability.

Said it before and will say it again: Sad state of affairs when Wolf/Tula 7.62x39 is the new rimfire.

scbuxton

After I saw this post I contacted South Georgia Outdoors and bought one brick of Speer gold dot 22 mag GDHP , 2 .357 critical defense Hornady,  and 3 boxes of Aguila super extra 22lr  ( they ran short and substituted one box of RWS super pistol 250!) 239$ delivered.
Nice folks to deal with,  I can recommend them to you.
I'll be shooting 22 mag this weekend.

G50AE

The Gold Dot is certainly a very "tactical" round in any caliber, including .22WMR and .50AE.  :D 8) ;D

grayelky

Glad you had such a positive experience!

sopsax

Was surprised to find a large supply of .22LR ammo at a local range/store today. Mostly CCI in the 40-gr. solids and Stingers HP. They had individual boxes, the long 100-round boxes, 300 and 500-round bricks. They also had Aquila (sp?) brand but I went with the CCI. The business was Oak Tree Gun Club in Santa Clarita, CA. sopsax

TwoGunJayne

Good call on the CCI. It usually "just works" in the NAA minis.

sopsax

The only NAA pistol I own is the .380 Guardian, but I do have other .22 rimfire pistols and a rifle. I just wanted to contribute to the hoarding-mentality with this purchase! sopsax

Lukey

Quote from: ptrck85 on June-23-14 08:06
Thanks for the recommendation on ammo. Will have to look into it. What I've found readily available is the CCI brand.

Speer Gold Dot 22 WMR is made by CCI.  The trademarks on the box are registered to "CCI/Speer Operations."  The cartridges even have the signature "C" on the back.  I've only shot one box of it, but all of them went bang!
"He said to them, 'But now...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one...'"

cwlongshot

Quote from: Lukey on July-25-14 15:07
Quote from: ptrck85 on June-23-14 08:06

Speer Gold Dot 22 WMR is made by CCI.  The trademarks on the box are registered to "CCI/Speer Operations."  The cartridges even have the signature "C" on the back.  I've only shot one box of it, but all of them went bang!

So is/was Federal & Fiocchi!  CCI is the biggest RF producer we have! ahead of Winchester and Remington. Actually, Remington did not make Maggie ammo until recently!!!

I scored some Remington 17M2 and Yellow Jackets tonight!

CW

TwoGunJayne

$6.99 for .17? Cool.

MR_22

cwlongshot

Quote from: TwoGunJayne on July-25-14 19:07
$6.99 for .17? Cool.

I was excited! I have wanted to try this ammo and never been able to get any. I was sure it would have been discontinued. I have a good supply of Hornady and CCI ammo in M2 bought long before this nonsence. I would buy a couple boxes every GS trip. I figured it would become obsolete soon and I like my m2 it's scarry accurate!!!

CW

TwoGunJayne

QuoteEvery GS trip

GS? Dual sport, or GS Giant? :) BMW rider?