Where are you guys getting your .22 WMR ammo?

Started by HarleyXJGuy, May-29-16 19:05

Previous topic - Next topic

HarleyXJGuy

As you may know I finally got a .22 conversion Mini and a Concealment Solutions holster. Waiting on money to get right and I will get a CVang or TM grip.

My issue is there is no .22 WMR defensive ammo around where I live and afger a fast search on the web nothing short of a 100 dollar 250 round lot from someplace called ammomen LLC.

What are you guys using and where did you get it?

Thanks.

theysayimnotme

Wal-Mart in Hemet has had a big bunch for quite a while. $13 something for 50 rounds is too much for me.

lefty dude

From my own stock. I saw this ammo shortage coming in 07-08. I made sure I had enough to last for eight years.
So far I am doing quite well.
Now I just buy when I see something I need to re-stock.
In my stable I have more than Mini's.

Texduk3

speer gold dot 40gr HP
Spring Guns and ammo
Spring Texas
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

JRobyn

Just saw that Midway has CCI .22 WMR shotshells for $8.69/box of 20.  Not too bad (except for the UPS shipping).

MR_22

My local gun store has plenty, including Gold Dots. Even Cabelas has them. .22 is back! But the pre-Obama-scare prices are NOT. Probably never will be.

HarleyXJGuy

Ok so who wants to send me some .22 WMR? :)

ilex

Texduk3

found some at Wally world today
CCI maximag WMR 40 gr.
$13.99  for 50 ct.  8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

MtGoat

Quote from: bleak_window on May-31-16 07:05
Here's 8 different kinds of .22 Magnum.  In stock, no limits.

http://www.smokeymountainmunitions.com/22WMR_Winchester_Magnum_s/1831.htm

Not the best for pricing and yet everyone is out of stock.

I was hopeful on the Critical Defense as I had hoped to give it a try.

Pat

Pat

pietro

Quote from: lefty dude on May-29-16 23:05

From my own stock.

I saw this ammo shortage coming in 07-08.

I made sure I had enough to last for eight years.

So far I am doing quite well.

+1

Over a decade ago, I was fortunate have enough cash (disposable income), when a local gun shop owner passed away suddenly, and I contacted his widow (I knew them both, as a friend & a customer), to buy out most of the ammo the shop had left in stock ( for very low/distress $$$).

(this was well prior to the RF "shortages" & consequential high pricing)

The lot included a few dozen case lots of .22WRM & .22LR, besides a bunch of several different CF calibers/cartridges.

I've enough ammo to last me until I go for my Dirt Nap, and also to enable my Son & Grandsons to shoot for quite awhile after that.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent