Unexpected use for my Earl

Started by zburkett, July-17-16 04:07

Previous topic - Next topic

zburkett

Some old friends visited with two of their 12 year old grandchildren.  Of course we went back to the range so they could learn to shoot.  A while back I saw a set of Black Widow grips on ebay and on a whim bought them and will sometimes put them on the Earl when I'm carrying it around the farm. Fact is, that is a great pistol to teach people to shoot with.  It is very comfortable, light and with the lr cylinder has no recoil and not that much noise.  With several .22 pistols laying on the table, the Earl quickly became their favorite, both kids and grandmother.  Once I thought about it, it is obvious why.  Probably the most important thing is it is so easy to hold and aim.  Not to mention it is really cool looking.

Bigbird48

Very nice Zburkett that was good thinking. Getting the gran Kids into shooting is awesome. Think I'll do the same with my 13 year old grandson when I get back east. I don't have an Earl but I do have a nice Ruger 22 lr revolver that will work just the same . Like you said  it small enought, light enough , and not to noisy as to scare the kids.Thanks :D

zburkett

In our circle one of the better shots is a 9 year old girl who has already out grown the pink single shot we got her for her 7th birthday.  Our harshest range boss is the 14 year old young man who has helped me build and maintain the range for the since he was about 11.  I always start teaching with a single shot .22 rifle then go to a single action revolver.