Wow never thought I would really see it.

Started by 45flint, February-26-12 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

armedchaplain

He's hoping they don't really sell imo

and who could blame him.

cedarview kid

Hope NOT to sell--hope they DO sell. I guess if it goes above $3000, they're gone.

Did ya see how I hid my NAA Board ID in there? LOL.

Also notice that I swapped out the mastodon grips for my Sambar stag. I'm actually REALLY liking how the Hogleg looks with the mastodon.

(Oh, and I also got some boobies in the auction pictures! That can't hurt!)

louiethelump

That is for BOTH GUNS according to the listing.  That price is LOW, and I am betting you are going to sell them.  Nice ad, good listing and I wish you the best!

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Thanks, Louie. You're right, it's for both. I know it's low and I expect it to go higher. I wanted to have it low enough to have enough people to gain interest in them and then get some momentum with possible bidders. I also didn't use a reserve, because I know I personally hate them.

But, if somebody bids, it's sold. If the set goes for $3000, I'll be disappointed, but still happy with the sale. That's still $1500 each, which isn't too shabby, considering the prices from a few months ago. This will be a good test to see if 2 Rangers selling for $5600 and a single for $3700 is a fluke. I'm still half thinking that it is, but we'll see. Also, if nobody bids at $3000, I'm not out much.

I waited to list it until this afternoon, because I wanted it to end on Friday in the late afternoon. That gives watchers all week to follow it and then jump on it before the weekend. I thought about making it a longer auction, but I think a full week-work is sufficient. (I could have also paid a little more to set the start time, but oh well, I was busy until today anyway.)

So, now the watching and the waiting begins. Hopefully, it's an exciting week!

Oh, and with only about 5 hours on the auction, I already have 66 page views. At least they are getting looked at!

big_gus

You want me to send 3 $1000 USPS MO's right now LOL? I just noticed them and popped a bid in there, not that I think I will actually win them with what happened in the last 2 weeks, but I will be happy if I do. I would say I have about as much chance as a snowballs chance in well... I started not to bid until I saw you actually wanted to sell them in this thread. Good Luck, I will be watching also...
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

louiethelump

what one went for 3700?  I must have missed that one
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

LOL. No. I got my numbers mixed up. 37 bidders and selling price $3025. Ooops. :-)

cedarview kid

Looks like my Rangers are SOLD!  

Gus, it seems they are yours, if nobody else bids! Good luck!

chopprs

louiethelump

Is this the time I write in and suggest that the whole listing and all those participating in it are involved in a "Bump and Dump" scam?

(Gus knows Dar and is just bidding on it to get the bidding rolling and has no intention of buying it, just bumping the price up.......... that sort of silly stuff.............)

NAWWWWWWWW...... that would be wrong.......

First, it is not my business.

Second, these are  people I know and I should not think badly of my friends JUST because the guns are out of MY price range.

Finally, allegations of wrong doing should ONLY be made when there is SOME evidence or indication of fraud.

So, I won't make any stupid and insulting accusations that are TOTALLY without merit.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

Actually, how is that even fraud? The final bidder has his own decision wether to bid or not. If the bid is higher than he thinks is a fair price why would he bid??????

louiethelump

" TOTALLY without merit."

Last line
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

it is kind of coincidental that the bidding prices went up on the Ranger just as Gus showed up at this forum. we may have just scratched the surface of this possible nationwide conspiracy. A movie on the conspiracy by Oliver Stone is sure to follow shortly

John Gotti Jr. as Gus

Rosie O'Donnell as LAA

John Cusack as NAA Collector

Timothy Olyphant as Louie the Lump

Vin Diesel as Chopprs

Andrew Dice Clay as Wiltim

Anthony Hopkins as Redhawk

Mitt Romney as Whitehorse
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Uncle_Lee

I hope they go for 8k+.

Then I might consider getting off my lazy butt and sell mine.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

chopprs

OMG, ROSIE O'DONNELL!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Uncle_Lee

Let me make something clear.

I am talking about selling my Breaktops, not my butt.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

louiethelump

DARN!!!!

whitehorse was counting his coins and was going to bid and bid BIG!!! 5, 6 dollars if he had to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

redhawk4

That's Sir Anthony Hopkins as Redhawk

I'm with Uncle Lee, when they hit $8k I might get motivated. For now I'm just going to feel smug and somehow superior, for still owning one
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

red14

Tom Selleck would be good for me.
''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

cedarview kid

Ooh, John Cusack--the nerd from "16 Candles" wtih Molly Ringwald. LOL. Not his best role, but I guess you gotta break into the business somehow. (The film also had his sister Joan, who was even a BIGGER nerd, er, uh, nerdette.) Classic movie.

I feel bad for not just letting Gus have them, but the whole point in selling was to get a significant amount of cash or I wouldn't consider selling. I probably wouldn't have just said, "$3000 for both? OKAY!" but I'm committed to the sale now, however high it goes. (I'm also pleased I'm the only one selling Rangers right now.)

So, now I get to sit back and watch to see how high they go.

Sorry, Chopprs, the boobies are probably tame by your standards. LOL. The funny thing is, my wife ordered me something for Christmas once and got on a gun mail list, so that publication with "the boobies" came in HER name. But, since it had the Ranger mention inside, I got to keep it.

cedarview kid

Yah, Red14, that picture to the left looks A LOT like Tom Selleck!

redhawk4

It's weird how in the first picture it looks like Collector has 3 BT's the mag photo seems so "3D" of the cylinder with the cartridges raised.

cedarview kid

Yeah, I noticed that. I should have considered removing my background mags for the main photo. GunBroker only let me post 10 pictures, when I had 16 ready to go, so I really had to pick and choose; I had to remove 6 that I really wanted to post.

Is that terribly distracting, Redhawk?

In any case, I think the photos are a lot better than that guy's who kept posting his every day for a week.

redhawk4

Not distracting at all, I thought it looked great, a nice bit of detail showing the BT's most unique feature. It was only the fact that I knew you didn't have 3 BT's that made me look again and at the other photos to verify if it was a picture or the real thing. I think the quality of your listing will get you all the money that BT's will achieve this week - whatever that is.

cedarview kid

louiethelump

Dar:

You should be able to add more photos to it and put your other six in.  Go to your listing and it will ask if you want to manage your photos.  An ADD option will come up and you can add them 4 at a time on the basic uploader

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Really? Cool. Ok. Not sure I can add photos now that the auction has a bid. I don't think I can edit the text now. I'll check it out, though. If not, I think the ones I submitted are my best.

redhawk4

Collector, I wouldn't worry too much on the pictures, being NIB sort of guarantees what people are getting, whereas with used you want as many pics as possible to avoid unpleasant surprises.

cedarview kid

Yah good point. I'm probably good then. Half of my pics are non-gun items anyway. LOL.

I wanted to show why this lot of break tops is different from others and not just the guns, but other items which add value to the Rangers AS collectibles.  These magazines are probably a bit difficult to obtain now as well, but I think they make a great addition to the package.

louiethelump

Do as you wish, but for future information, you cannot EDIT the description after there is a bid, but you CAN "ADD TO" the description.  Same with photos.  Once you have a bid, you can not remove or alter a photo, but you can ADD photos.  I have done this when someone asked a question or for a photo of a mark or ser number.  I can add that additional information as long as I don't change or remove what was already there.

Good luck

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Ah, cool. Good to know! Thanks.

I've sold A LOT on eBay over the years, but never on GunBroker--just a buyer there.

22man

A search for "naa breaktop" on gunbroker comes up with 0 found. It's not till I search "naa ranger" that it's found.

Collector, a guess here----> you might get more attention to the sale if it's described/listed as a 'NAA Breaktop' instead of just as a 'ranger'? Many people might not know the ranger name and just search for 'northamericanarms breaktop' ?  

Either way, congrats on the return in your investment.  

And congrats to Gus if he wins them.

redhawk4

Collector, I think the extras add to the package and also create a feel good factor that you are a serious gun collector who hasn't been storing the BT's in damp closet or whatever. Those who've bought a number of things over the years, will undoubtedly have experienced as I have, how subjective to some, terms like excellent condition, like new etc can be. Anything that increases the buyers level of confidence in what they are going to get, increases their confidence to bid.

I buy a lot of things through auctions and it's surprising how the littlest of things can turn people off a purchase, while other seemingly similar items go for top dollar.

Good info to know Louie for when the rest of us fall to the temptation of selling our BT's

22man - good point on the search function.

cedarview kid

Hey 22 man. That's something I paid VERY CLOSE attention to when I listed. I've been searching for break tops for a long time on GunBroker now and people haven't historically listed them as "breaktop" but as "break top". I only have so many characters I can put in the title. I'll look at it though. Not sure if I can change the title now that a bid has been made.

Redhawk, thanks for the comments. I think my photos make my break tops look as though they are coming from somebody who cares about them, not from somebody who bought them as an investment and just wants to liquidate them. I'm hoping the custom grips and the magazines with Ranger reviews will help convince people to bid.