Wow never thought I would really see it.

Started by 45flint, February-26-12 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

cedarview kid

Agreedments with both of you. I placed the low bid at the minimum I would take I got almost the price of a break top above that, so I have nothing to complain about. :-)

I'm thinking maybe the announcement yesterday about the Sidewinder might have taken some of the steam out of my auction, but hey, $3425 is a lot of money to spend for two guns that sold for around $900 just a year or so ago.

No complaints here! :-)

The 15-minute rule wasn't needed. :-(

I'll probably be listing a couple of my 17's next. :-)

heyjoe

i think Gus got another NAA Ranger and was picking it up today, based on what i could decipher from his posts.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

louiethelump

yea, I know he SAID that...............  

But the old saying that I just made up comes to mind:

"he with the suspicious mind begets suspicious minds, and receives what he sent out"

Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

yeah im surprised that he wasnt around at the end of the auction today especially with the price it was sitting at. a big ripe fruit ready for the picking.

big_gus

Well I just made it in a little bit ago from picking up my Ranger/other stuff to do and was very surprised to see they went for 3425. When I picked up the Ranger I was amazed and it is a truely awesome neat little gun. I might wear it out opening and closing it, lol. I will try to post some pics before long (and will post with the NIB Python Elite I just picked up also so there wont be any doubt, lol) and will hopefully join the people who have shot a Ranger club tomorrow, good lord willing. I truely expected them to go for alot more. I mean if a guy paid almost 5700 for a pair that didnt even have the awesome extra grips, gun rugs, or magazines and higher serial numbers???? I just dont understand...

NAA Collector, I wouldnt get too down on the auction, if you take those two auctions out of the equation and look at all others that have Sold in the past few months and recently, I think you did well on them. It shows that you truely did want to keep them together by your starting price and great care for them with everything the way you did it. From my standpoint I did bid a premium for your consecutive pair. I went to 3.4k, when the most I had went before on one was less than 1.5k for a single. I hope that helps some too ... I know it will be a sad day for you when you have to ship them out...
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

cedarview kid

I'm not down, Gus. I'm completely satisfied--in fact, I've been in contact with the buyer, who is a true collector and appeciates what I have, including the review articles. That relieves my worries considerably. I'm sure he'll treat 'em well, so I'm happy. Whether he shoots them or not is up to him once the gets them.

So no worries there. Glad you like yours, Gus. Let us know what you think after shooting. They're real gems, aren't they? Hand made and hand fitted. Can't beat that for sure, eh?

heyjoe

collector you should go visit Redhawk so you know how they shoot. you cant die without knowing.

cedarview kid

Maybe it's best if I NEVER know!

heyjoe

remember in dirty harry when the criminal who Callahan asked are you feeling lucky today asks Callaham as Callahan is walking away did he have another bullet left and says I gots to know. Thats you.

redhawk4

Instead of selling my BT, I'm thinking of a kind of rental scheme where people pay me to shoot it, so as Heyjoe points out, "BT Virgins" like Collector and the other millions of gun owners in the country, can have the experience and kudos of firing such a truly rare firearm, a fired NAA Ranger BT, of which there are less than 10 in existence.

If I charge $1 a shot (you can use  your own ammo), minimum of 30 rounds, all I need is 100 punters and that's $3,000 in my pocket, which is about the BT record sale price so far, and I still have my BT. I bet I could even send it back to NAA for a once over and it would still be as good as new

Taking bookings now: (Price includes free digital picture of you firing a real NAA Ranger Breaktop, so you when you tell people you've fired one and they say no way, you'll be able to prove it.)

Collector, shall I put you down for 30 or 50 rounds?, I'd go with at least 50, you'll enjoy it so much if you try it LOL Well do you feel lucky? ;)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

45flint

Redhawk4  Awesome idea and if you shoot 10,000 rounds and something happens NAA has to fix it.  No down side.  But I think I can one up you. I have mine in a case one is the shooter and one has not been shot.  I can rent out the case so they can shoot the shooter and still look at the gun as it would it have come from the factory.  A total BT experience worth a little more I think.

redhawk4

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - but darn it I should have bought two, I wasn't expecting to have competition so early

It's very cruel to lock the one BT up in a case and force it to watch another being fired and reaching it's purpose and potential in life - you'd better watch PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Arms don't catch on.

cedarview kid

heyjoe

redhawk can i have the east coast franchise?

45flint

big_gus

I just shot my Ranger :). I was gone most of the day so not much time to shoot this evening. I shot a total of 13 rounds. I shot 5 Winchesters of which 2 would not fire. I snapped each 3 times. The other 3 fired on the first shot and shot about 5 inches high. All of this was off hand at approx. 10-12 yards. I then thought that maybe the Winchesters were a bad box since I had the one light strike of the 5 I shot through my hogleg, but it did shoot on the 2 try. Then I got 5 Federals and all of then shot first try with them grouping approx. 4 inches high. Then I shot 5 Remington Premiers of which 4 shot on the first try, but one did not fire until the 3rd snap. These shot about 5 inches high. It seems to shoot pretty good left/right, just shoots high. Of course I will have to shoot more to get everything figured out. I am wondering though if this isnt one of the light strike BTs I have heard mentioned of??? The serial number is in the 160's. Only time will tell I guess. I know it has alot more recoil then my 4 inch Earl or Hogleg does, which surprised me.
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

cedarview kid

Hmm. Not an excellent Ranger report. I can't compare, tho, since you've shot yours more than I have mine. Usually, tho, I don't go by my first outing. It seems anyway handgun seems to shoot a little better as time goes on. But then again, revolvers tend to be more reliable.

Keep us informed, eh?

45flint

Interesting, I have serial number #114 have shot maybe 30+ shots through it never had a missfire.  The bird-head grips are hard to control and can flip and fire high.  The boot grips of the Earl give it an advantage.  Mags to me recoil more than I would like.

redhawk4

Well Heyjoe and 45Flint are my first franchisee's, perhaps you should sign up for the program Gus, mine works fine although I've only ever fired CCI ammo. It seems it might be a light strike issue as you had it with some different types of ammo, how much of an imprint was the hammer making on the ones that didn't fire?  

I think you'll find it will take a lot more than 13 rounds to "tame the beast" with regards to where the gun hits in the vertical plain, it seems to me on any handgun I have to get used to the sight picture, before my elevation is right.

Collector, see all the fun and hair pulling frustration you missed out on

cedarview kid

I have cash in hand for my two rangers sold--that's $1712.50 each. Not as much as others, but I'm satisfied. I'm shipping them out tomorrow. Bye bye, Fair Rangers...

redhawk4

I will dress my BT in black to mourn their passing

45flint

Randy

"Taps" playing in background.

cedarview kid

Thanks, guys. I'm looking for a mini-coffin to send them in.

redhawk4

that gave me a much needed laugh this morning.

As I'm running a little late, I hope there won't be any funeral like procession to hold me up as I drive through Lehi.

22man

any thoughts on ever buying another ranger--- collector?

If I decide to sell mine, you have first dibbs and I'll do you a good deal.

My employer announces 2nd qtr economic surpluses tomorrow....

Uncle_Lee

If the 2nd qtr is negative, do you have to give some back?

I mean like fair is fair...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

22man

With Obama in office every qtr feels negative, Even after the admins and medias artificial sweeteners.  

My blood and sweat was spilt, so no, this grunt won't be returning any hard earned funds.

I'll need $ for the sidewinder and $6 gas. I'll leave the returning of funds to the CEO and his decision making crew.

Similar question---> if social security is insolvent do You have to give $ back?....you earned it, the government mismanaged it.

cedarview kid

Hey 22man. I don't know if I can spend that kind of cash on a gun I plan to shoot. That's the primary reason I sold mine. I bought them to shoot, not collect (despite my board name).

I guess we shall see.

Uncle_Lee

Mismanaged it? Mismanaged IT?

They took the funds out of Social Security and spent it on other things.

That is theft not mismanagement.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

cedarview kid

My two babies were sent away yesterday.

But I've chatted a lot with the buyer and I'm comfortable with where they are going--he's even more of a collector than I am, although I probably have more NAA's.

cedarview kid

The proud new owner of my two sequential Rangers picked them up from his local dealer today. I guess I have to accept that they are gone now.

BTW, the reason he purchased them was because they are sequential. So, had I not listed them together, somebody else would have gotten them and I don't know what price they would have fetched. He collects serialized sets.

In fact, he has two sequential Seecamp .380's! Wow, not sure how he managed that!

westerly1965

That is awesome news Dar!  Glad they went to a good home and you got so much for them!

cedarview kid

Yeah, I'm sad, but completely satisfied.

cedarview kid

I finally got my monthly invoice from GunBroker for selling my Rangers. Yikes, that "tiny" percentage gets BIG when your selling price is high!