Wow never thought I would really see it.

Started by 45flint, February-26-12 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

cedarview kid

LOL. THAT's what killed it. Hehe. Upon seeing the mastodon grips when I got ready for photos, I knew I couldn't part with 'em. But the DO look great on my Hogleg.

I'll be disappointed if I don't get more bids, but I priced the auction at a point at which I would sell, and I will, and I'll be content with it, if it comes to that.

Maybe it's a good thing Gus bowed out early last time.

louiethelump

yes, he is trying to steal it from you at half of its value by driving down the price with all the hype about them not being worth it...............

Maybe I will bid on them.  They are CHEAP, and I can split them up and get at LEAST 5,000 for the pair...............

Don't worry Dar, I am sure not ALL of your watchers are NAA board members just watching....... you are going to get more bids I suspect............

Or, maybe we will see just how far big gus will go........

I am kidding, but that is the kind of allegations I had to endure from him and others..............
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

heyjoe

looking at Gus's past auctions he has deep pockets. deeper than mine anyway.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

cedarview kid

NAA Ranger Upside-Down-Limbo Contest: How HIGH can you go?! How HIGH can you go?!

45flint

same time next your you'll be selling your sequential sidewinders with matching mastodon grips.

Steve

Dinadan

I note that there is another B-T on Gunbroker for a buy-it-now price of $1500.  

Not even any photos! Who tries to sell a gun for $1500 and does not even post a  

photo? On the other hand, anyone who would pay that much probably knows exactly  

what they are paying for. Is flyingfortress1945 same as flyingbiker?

heyjoe

that one is sold already for the buy it now price with no pictures.....as is.....
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

louiethelump

AND HERE WE GO!!!!!  BIG GUS IS GETTING OUTBID BY THE GUY THAT BOUGHT MY GUN.  NOT TO WORRY, HE IS A FRAUDULENT BUYER..............

DAR:  Gus bid on the one I sold up to around 2,000 dollars..... don't let him steal yours too cheap!!!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Oh-oh, Gus. Looks like the buyer of the $3025 Ranger is on the prowl.

I saw the $1500 B-it-N Ranger before it was sold. I thot--great, competition. But it didn't last long.

big_gus

Yeah me and him are now tied at $3400, of course he still has first place since his bid preceded mine as he should. I didnt see the 1500 ranger, missed that one. I will have to check it out. I truely wish you luck with your auction and you being a great guy, I hope you get 6k+ out of them Seriously I truely hope so. Sandy's announcement slowed my roll on the Rangers right now, I am really looking forward to that gun. Will have to sleep on it and I get to pick up my Ranger tomorrow so that will help me decide about these also. I havent ever held one and am looking forward to seeing the quality that everyone says they have. Good Luck, and dont worry I will be watching tomorrow evening
"AMERICA LOVE IT OR GET OUT!" R. Lee Ermey

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

NRA Endowment Life Member and Proud supporter of the Second Amendment!! :)

big_gus

I just noticed Louie's post before yours

Louie FYI, the more you talk the LESS it makes me want to bid, but maybe that is what you want? Jump on in there if its a steal and you can make so much money... All bark and no bite?

"If a Psychopath runs over 20 people with a car, should you be banned from owning a car? People are hit EVERYDAY by cars... Gun Control makes as much sense as Car Control!"  Myself

cedarview kid

Hey gus. You both must have deep pockets. LOL. Plenty of room to stuff mouse guns in there, eh? LOL.

Thanks for your interest, Gus. I'm sure you'll like your Ranger(s). I just may have to stash away some of the cash from this sale to pay for a couple Sidewinders.

Still, there's nothing quite like a break top. I have a few old ones myself. Cool guns. They just aren't like swing-outs. I'm still sad to be "losing" mine. If I had been able to get .22LR cylinders, I'd probably still keep them. Ah well.

have a good night.

Darvell

louiethelump

ABSOLUTELY!!!!  JUST ribbin you!!!!

I AM NOT in your league financially and I know it!

Gettin touchy when what you dish out gets handed back at you????

Don't be like that...............  ALL IN FUN......

There is NO BITE HERE AT ALL!

You know you gotta have those Rangers!!!!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

louiethelump

I forgot....

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

45flint

Good to finally see some action, I was thinking that that $3000 might be it.  Like ebay auctions its all in the last minutes.

louiethelump

well, in GunBroker auctions, unlike ebay auctions, the end time of the auction is not predetermined.  Any bid in the last 15 minutes of the auction extends the auction for another 15 minutes to allow others to bid.

So, if anyone is thinking they will swoop in at the last minute and snatch it like they do on e-bay, they will find a surprise waiting for them.  I have had auctions go on for a couple of hours past the end time posted.  (only happened a couple of times but did with the Ranger and with a rare S&W)
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

redhawk4

That's a good rule for the seller, but a bad one for the potential buyer.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

louiethelump

company is there for SELLERS;  not buyers.  SELLERS  pay the bills.  they are the biggest gun auction site because they get results
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Hey, I got a question for you guys. Was my auction CLEAR that I would be sending from a local FFL for interstate sales? I got a question late last night asking if I could send from an FFL on my side. Well, of course I can. I thought I had said that. Perhaps that's why my auction had a slow start in bids?

So, just to be clear, I added a sentence at the bottom saying I would be shipping this from my FFL to the buyer's FFL. I guess I should have left out that I'm open to a local Utah buyer. Muddies the waters, I guess. (I wanted to post to local classifieds, tho. Ah well. Live and learn.)

45flint

Don't think that is an issue at all.  

Top three reasons your auction has been slow:

3.  $3000 is a lot of money for little derringers!!

2.  Last 15 minutes is all that counts anyway

And yes the number one reason your auction is slow, you didn't offer the guns with Mastodon grips.  

Steve

cedarview kid

LOL, Steve. It's worth it. I LOVE my mastodon grips. I've seen a LOT of Spressor mastodon grips and I think I got the best set he's ever made. :-) And these never hit the market. I asked Charles Spressor to let me know when he had a new set available and I snatched them up IMMEDIATELY when he sent me pics of them. So, without flaunting that I got the best ones he's made, NEENER NEENER! ;)

I thot the pair of Rangers that sold for $5600, or whatever it was, had NO bids the last 3 days? I know Barky's had last-minute bids, tho.

I'm perfectly happy to get $3400 for my two Rangers. I'm not complaining at all. I'd be happier to get more, tho. LOL.

Thanks for the comments.

louiethelump

You probably would have done better selling them one at a time.  I know you want to keep them together.  But if looking for top dollars, you don't want any more of them available than you have to have.

That is just my opinion.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

cedarview kid

Probably so, Louie. But I'm still making some serious cash compared to my original investment. I think I'll be pleased. Think back to the Rangers that sold for $800 - $900 and we were thinking, what's going on? They can't go higher than that! Then $1000. Then $1200.

I'm still doing better than all of those.

I'm also thinking that maybe, just maybe, the announcement of the Sidewidner will squelch the Ranger prices. I'm glad my Rangers are selling before that happens.

chopprs

+1

You would have had peeps beating eachother up on the auctions that wanted both for the serial number gig.

cedarview kid

You mean list them at the same time? Hmm. I could see that.

But I hate it when people do that. :-/

big_gus

Darn, Im getting ready to leave to get my Ranger and dont know if I can make it back in time for your auction Collector. I will be sick if I come back and they sold for 3400... but I definetly am not wealthy and have to use my head when it comes to what I invest my money in. And with the announcement of the sidewinder I think you are right, I probably waited until the exact wrong time to have bought that one and paid "top" dollar. If the sidewinder is really cool (which I expect it to be), Im afraid I will take a bath on mine if I ever decide to sell it. There is a small chance it could cause more interest in the Ranger, but I have to just go on what Ive saw in the past. I hope your auction goes past 4k so I can sleep tonight, lol. GOOD LUCK!!!

PS. Remember guys next bid gets high bid. I know because I done tied him. So if it hangs at 3400, you may be able to get it at the last few minutes but I wouldnt wait until less than 10 minutes because of that 15 minute rule...

cedarview kid

Ya still got four hours. Gonna take that long to get your new Ranger? LOL.

Yah, I know what you mean. The Ranger is still the Ranger and the new Sidewinder won't change that, but it will be interesting to see if it affects the going prices. I couldn't say either way. It seems the Sidewinder is going right into production, tho, not waiting for a "trial run" like the Ranger. They may or may not be in same category.  

I guess we'll see what happens later today.

chopprs

....yer gonna need to update your avatar Dar!

cedarview kid

LOL. My break tops are not even included in my Avatar. That was taken before I got them. Two of my .17's in that photo have been sold, though, but I still have more that aren't in there to make up for them.

cedarview kid

There's only about an hour left on my auction! Unless, of course, the 15-minute rule comes into play--and I don't mind at all if it does.

It could be an interesting afternoon.

redhawk4

Wow - they just jumped to $4200, unbelievable!!!!

. . . but untrue

cedarview kid

LOL. Sold at $3425. I'm satisfied.

redhawk4

I think you should be satisfied, it's easy to try and convince yourself you might have got more, but what a great return on your original investment, and a good chunk of cash to spend on something else. I'm excited for you.

I think the only  person who could feel dissatisfied at all, is the guy who bought the one Louie was selling, when he could have got two for another $400, but that's life and hindsight is always 20/20.

Is the 15 minute rule still in effect - could it still go up more?

louiethelump

Gee, I was thinking that Gus was going to jump in there at the end, and scoop em up.  I guess he not all that much bite either, and ALL BARK.  

Maybe some day you will get one Gus, and be able to experience the ownership of a Ranger or two........

Dar:  I still don't know what happened with the one I sold for my friend.  We expected about 1500 as they had gone for that.  No one was more shocked than I at our sale.  You did fine really considering the investment, and not being a greedy man you are happy with it and I am proud to know you.

Louie
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

redhawk4

Expectation can always play games with your mind, and Louie's sale was just incredible. Just take yourself back to the day you bought those two BT's, if someone had told you then that in 18 months time they'd be worth that much, you would have thought they were totally mad.

It's been a busy week and I'm tired, so keep the noise of your partying down, I don't want to be kept awake as the noise drifts across the lake. Keep your BT's locked up too, you don't want your guests to get too excited and start shooting your guns in the air . . . .