Conceal Carry Ammo Load

Started by usmcxd, January-15-18 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic

usmcxd

Just curious as to what ammo type, kind, and brand you are carrying in your NAA 22 Mag or LR?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

Ruger

Hornady WMR 45gr. FXT Critical Defense.  Flex Tip.  Shiny, too.  ;D
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Gog

I like the Gold Dots for the Magnums. It seems to be a little easier to find that now online. Well, actually, my 1st shot is a snake shot magnum load and then 4 Gold Dots. That's my usual load out for my BW in my front pocket.

Bigbird48

I mostly carry CCI TNT maxi mags

Canoeal

Gold dots in the BW, hornady in the CA, but I wouldn't hesitate in a pinch, to switch back and forth.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Warthog

Gold Dots from CCI is what I carry mine with, CCI TNT Magnums are also an ammo I have carried.  That is carried in whatever I carry that day, my Black Widow, Sidewinder or Ranger II.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

cbl51

All my .22's are loaded with CCI mini mags.

Scott Free

Gold Dots (magnum) in the BW. CCI Velocitors in the LR.

bleak_window

Speer Gold Dots in the Black Widow.

grizzly

Currently I carry Speer Gold Dot in my Pug currently and plan on using the same for my 2.5" Sidewinder once I get my holster from Rick. I have some Hornady Critical Defense also and it is currently my second choice, at least for the longer barrels. I have some of the 30 grain TNT HP's that I might try in the Pug once it gets warmer.

usmcxd

Thanks everyone for your replies.

FYI: Our local Academy did not have any of the Hornandy 22Mag Critical Defense, so guess what I did? I went online and woolah..... I ordered some from their online store with FREE shipping, which was a really good deal. I didn't have to run all over three counties to find some. A great alternative to buying online other places where they want to charge the same amount for shipping as they do the ammo itself.

Score!!!

Oddball

Gold Dots. Had to order them from Midway as they're pretty hard to find in stores.
After seeing the tests on Shooting Bull 410s YouTube channel I decided they're the load for me.
Hornady's seem to plug up when put to the denim over gel test.

Gobbletn

Quote from: Warty62 on January-16-18 14:01
Gold Dots from CCI is what I carry mine with, CCI TNT Magnums are also an ammo I have carried.  That is carried in whatever I carry that day, my Black Widow, Sidewinder or Ranger II.

Do your gold dots stick at all? I cannot cycle my Pug using them... see my latest post.  "New Pug problem"... thx
Not sure why, but Dad always said "Shoot Straight" before every hunt

linux_author

for carry in the Sidewinder and mini mag, WMR in Fiocchi, CCI TNT, Speer Gold Dot - doesn't matter to me... have not had an extraction problem with either cylinder, but then again if i ever have to use the mini or Sidewinder in a situation, God forbid, i hope i won't have to reload...

willie
on the carry softly, carry concealed Gulf of Mexico

usmcxd

Secured some Hornady CD rounds.  8)

Texduk3

Quote from: Oddball on January-20-18 20:01
Gold Dots. Had to order them from Midway as they're pretty hard to find in stores.
After seeing the tests on Shooting Bull 410s YouTube channel I decided they're the load for me.
Hornady's seem to plug up when put to the denim over gel test.

what he said,  gold dots from midway
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"