Leather Holsters

Started by Doc Holliday, January-25-18 08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Holliday

I know some prefer Kydex or nylon...but I've always preferred leather, and for me it must be brown! Had to wear a black rig for 36 years as a Deputy Sheriff, and hope never to wear any thing black again...ever!  My favorite pocket holsters are Ragsdale. For belt holsters my go to is Bob Mernickle!
Doc Holliday
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

Lemon

I understand the Ragsdale. I enjoy mine as well. Very lightweight and holds mine upright in my jeans while keeping the lint out of the gun. Same color as mine.

Doc Holliday

Yeah...Not sure if the pouch for the extra 5 rounds is really useful! Not going do a combat reload...LOL!  But sure looks neat!
Doc Holliday

smokeless joe

Got another ragsdale fan here. I also have one of Ricks holsters that I love but for the type of work I do the ragsdale holster is better suited for my situation.

Warthog

Joe, what wood is that used on you new grips?
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Dinadan

Those Ragsdale holsters look really good. I always like a pocket with a reload on my holster, even though I have never needed it, and honestly cannot easily imagine needing it.

Lemon

Better to have the extra rounds just in case. I may see if I can put a picture of mine tomorrow.

smokeless joe

Quote from: Warty62 on January-25-18 19:01
Joe, what wood is that used on you new grips?
I chose maple for my set Warty. I thought the stain was gonna be a bit darker but super happy with them all around. I think on his color chart I chose option A1

seaotter

Quote from: Dinadan on January-25-18 20:01
Those Ragsdale holsters look really good. I always like a pocket with a reload on my holster, even though I have never needed it, and honestly cannot easily imagine needing it.

The extra rounds come in handy when I am out in the woods hunting vicious tin cans. Sometimes the stubborn ones can take five or six rounds before they give in.

Anderson Custom Leather

Here's a couple of my holsters:

Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

Lemon

Hello Anderson,

I see you are right down the street from me. I live in the Goldsboro area. I am out around Fremont on weekends. Maybe I could drop by and see some of your work. Do you ever do any holsters for the M&P 380 Bodyguard? Actually what I would be interested in is a pocket holster for the M&P 380. Something lite just to keep it in upright position and mostly to keep lint out of it. The 380 stays upright in my jeans but the lint builds up fast. In dress pants it dances all over the place and usually is sitting sideways.

Anderson Custom Leather

Quote from: Lemon on January-26-18 08:01
Hello Anderson,

I see you are right down the street from me. I live in the Goldsboro area. I am out around Fremont on weekends. Maybe I could drop by and see some of your work. Do you ever do any holsters for the M&P 380 Bodyguard? Actually what I would be interested in is a pocket holster for the M&P 380. Something lite just to keep it in upright position and mostly to keep lint out of it. The 380 stays upright in my jeans but the lint builds up fast. In dress pants it dances all over the place and usually is sitting sideways.
Absolutely.  Drop me a line at: tomanderson357(at)gmail.com and we can arrange to meet up sometime.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

autofull

yup, those five extra rounds, but i carry six in case i drop one really do make me feel better but then i always have like ten spare mags for my favorite semi autos. not on me of course. i have no idea how many 223 mags i own but having friends on active duty helps.  kevin

Lemon

I got the picture ready. Just hope it shows up okay.

Gog

Hi Tom. Greetings from Knightdale!
Nice holsters!

Anderson Custom Leather

Quote from: Gog on January-26-18 11:01
Hi Tom. Greetings from Knightdale!
Nice holsters!
Thank you, sir!  I pass through Knightdale every day on my way to work at my "real" job.
Tom Anderson
Wilson, NC

smokeless joe

Quote from: Lemon on January-26-18 09:01
I got the picture ready. Just hope it shows up okay.
It showed up just fine lemon

Kconley1787

Anyone selling a .22 Ragsdale convertible holster? Their shop says it's been closed for awhile now. I had one before, it got stolen. Always wanted another.

rattlehead

I prefer leather as well. I also have a Ragsdale holster and a driving holster from Rick. Love them both.

Doc Holliday

Quote from: rattlehead on October-04-19 06:10
I prefer leather as well. I also have a Ragsdale holster and a driving holster from Rick. Love them both.

Hi rattlehead,
I've got one of Rick's Driving Holsters also for my Ranger II, as well as one of his rigs for my CCH Mini. Love his work!
Cheers,
Doc Holliday