Kalifornia Sidewinder

Started by theysayimnotme, July-16-18 01:07

Previous topic - Next topic

theysayimnotme

I noticed that the Sidewinder is available with a 4" barrel which would make it Kalifornia legal. I also noted that the overall length is 7 3/4" which makes it 1/4" longer than needed to comply with the law. I wonder if NAA used the grip from the Earl if the barrel length might be able to be cut to perhaps as short as 3 1/2 or maybe 3 5/8"? The picture of the 4" Sidewinder doesn't look too good & perhaps the Earl grip might help the looks as well. Call it the Kalifornian.

jennflip

Misspelled state---It is Commiefornia---

Ruger

You mean the Peoples Republic of Commiefornia . . .
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

theysayimnotme

Actually it's the DPRK. Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia.

grayelky

Whoever they are, there is no worry about me moving there. Not much chance of me just visiting.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Warthog

I have thought about getting one of those and putting different grips on it to get it fitting my hand well and seeing how it would do at the range, maybe keep it in the car as a car gun for a while... ???
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

gebe

I noticed NAA was advertising 4" Sidewinders in magazines many moons ago. I e-mailed them and asked if they were advertising them, why weren't they available? They e-mailed back and said the 4" SW's were still in development and it would be awhile before they would be available.

So good news that they're finally here! I'll definitely be getting one to add to my collection as I'm in liberally controlled Calif. but I really like the 4" bbl models and have a 4" MM and love it.

Are there any internet sites that have them besides NAA?

Uncle_Lee

I thought the 4" Sidewinders were already on the market...??
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Canoeal

Yeah, they are... I think the original poster was referring to RII breaktops not Sidewinders...Only way it made sense to me.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Uncle_Lee

Ya, now I think so too.

Us ol folks make mistakes sometimes. 8)
God, Country, & Flag

gebe

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-23-18 02:07
I thought the 4" Sidewinders were already on the market...??

Nice set unc!

I think he was referring to the Sidewinders. The SW's have been available but only in limited quantities. I just recently noticed Bud's has 10 available now. I'm going for one!  ;D

Do you folks think the CV grips will fit the SW? I would think they would as I have a set on my 4" MM.

ikoiko

You have to do some fitting for the cvangs to fit the sidewinder. The blast/recoil shields are in the way..

Uncle_Lee

You have to file just a little on the top/front edge of the grip to get the Cvangs to fit.

Look here:
http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=13987.msg132134#msg132134
God, Country, & Flag

gebe

Thanks for the info gents and good info and pictures unc!

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

Surculus

Quote from: grayelky on July-18-18 11:07
Whoever they are, there is no worry about me moving there. Not much chance of me just visiting.

Not even for an EXORBITANTLY priced visit to Dizzylan'?  ::)

Surculus

WANT 4" RANGER II! MUST.... BE.... PATIENT....