Show Us Your New Toys!!

Started by Ruger, April-18-19 11:04

Previous topic - Next topic

linux_author

here's my new SP101, which i'm gonna name 'Lucky,' as i found it two days ago on Friday the 13th... the first box of 125gr JHP got the job done for me:

Willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

RogueTS1

Evidently these belong to Daredevil ...................... or perhaps Dead Pool?  ;)  ;D
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

smokeless joe

Digging the red them there Darvell and as always I'm all about them rugers Willie

MR_22

Quote from: smokeless joe on September-15-19 11:09
Digging the red them there Darvell and as always I'm all about them rugers Willie

Red? What red? You see red?  ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: OV-1D on September-15-19 02:09
  You certainly dabble with the strange and different Darvell , they look great though , fine picture  . :)

Strange is in the blood, I'm afraid. I've changed into more of a collector over the past few years, so if you're not shootin', ya gotta have fun with the buildin'! This has been a fun project, too. I wanted to go overboard, but not get gaudy. But, in the end, gaudy has its place, too.   :-* ;)

Wumbey Goomba

I got a new toy yesterday

Ruger

WUMBLY . . . probation is fast and easy.  Just keep making a few comments, then we need those Pictures!!!
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

KEN AR

Here are a few of the more recent adoptions.  I very seldom buy a brand new gun.  Always looking for a deal.
I do like my Marlins and Ruger 22's.

This is a Marlin 45LC 1894 and a Ruger MK III 22/45 with lots of parts added.

The Mini Master is Rick's fault for sending me a Gun Broker link on it. (I think he did that cause he had spent all his own money!)

The NAA Mini was a parts gun at the LGS, sold as is cause the pin backed out of the cylinder when shot.  A quick trip to NAA for the LR cylinder to be added and they replaced the pin and cylinder and did a heck of a buff up job on it!

NAA BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

linux_author

very nice! i like the ray gun, too... here's my latest, a new Shopkeeper, next to its companion, a 100+ year-old Safety Hammerless - i'm goin' old school, and it is this forum's fault!

smokeless joe

Quote from: linux_author on September-28-19 03:09
very nice! i like the ray gun, too... here's my latest, a new Shopkeeper, next to its companion, a 100+ year-old Safety Hammerless - i'm goin' old school, and it is this forum's fault!
That brings back some memories Linux. My pop had a couple of those hammerless models back in the day.

RogueTS1

Just picked one of these up a few weeks ago. She is presently being rehabilitated; but will be proper looking once again in a short amount of time. ::)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

smokeless joe

Quote from: RogueTS1 on September-29-19 08:09
Just picked one of these up a few weeks ago. She is presently being rehabilitated; but will be proper looking once again in a short amount of time. ::)
Cool. Be sure and update us during the process.

Armybrat

How about a blue Shopkeeper?

linux_author

Quote from: Armybrat on September-29-19 12:09
How about a blue Shopkeeper?

i thought about getting a blued version... but i'm such a clumsy oaf that i like being able to grab a hunk of 0000 wool and getting rid of scratches...

(you should see the dings on my MkIII TALO RIO target)

:-)

willie
on the 'gettin' clumsier every day' Gulf of Mexico

Ruger

I was handed four revolvers to clean up and "get workin".  This is the first of the four . . (Forehand & Wadsworth Breaktop) . . . I'd love to keep it, but it just ain't gonna happen . . .

Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

MR_22

Dude, I love the old FIAT 850! I once owned a blue 1972 one and it was a blast to drive! They're  like driving a street-legal go cart on the road! I sold mine when it needed some engine work, booo.

RogueTS1

Quote from: MR_22 on December-02-19 10:12

Dude, I love the old FIAT 850! I once owned a blue 1972 one and it was a blast to drive! They're  like driving a street-legal go cart on the road! I sold mine when it needed some engine work, booo.

Fiat 124 Abarth Spider .............. she is coming along superbly at the moment. So far a big brake kit installed, SS braided brake lines, Autocross D20 pads. All the fluids (motor oil, brake fluid, trans fluid, diff fluid and radiator fluid) changed out and flushed. New 15" wheels and tires placed. New plugs and wires placed along with cleaning the fuel filter and tuning the carb a bit. New Silicone coolant hoses placed along with new thermostat. High performance Al radiator, bleed tube, water pump, reduced temperature fan switch, timing belt, and tensioning pulley are next on the list. At the same time valve adjustment and motor look see will be done. (Rebuild time?)

RogueTS1

Oh, by the way; this just showed up a few weeks ago. Figured I had a few minutes to get a decent photo of it so it can partake in this thread. So here it is ............ Ya'll have seen the pistol before ..... Beretta 21a in 6.35mm (one of several we have). The can is the new toy.

Canoeal

I thought it was a 124...I had a Fiat once, a Strata. Worst car choice in my life.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

MR_22

Quote from: RogueTS1 on December-03-19 14:12
Fiat 124 Abarth Spider .............. she is coming along superbly at the moment.

124, really? I had one of those, too, but never ended up getting it on road before I sold it. Guess it's been too long since I dabbled in FIATs. Guess I didn't end up being as much of a tinkerer as I thought i would be.

KEN AR

Well went into the LGS and they had a stack of little plastic boxes on a shelf inside the Glock display case.
Now these were not ordinary little boxes, they contained barrels that fit Glocks...
I have one of the first G40's that hit the streets.  I am a BIG 10mm fan.  Had one of the early Colt Delta Elites, blue then stainless.
Well I had built that Colt to shoot 10mm, 40 S&W and 357 Sig. Same case head just swap a recoil spring and good to go.

Well I did notice that several of the barrel boxes were a little longer than the majority in the stack.  The G40 has a 6" barrel.
Well what do you know there were 3 of the 6" barrels in the stack.  A 10mm, a 40 and a 357Sig.  I had already gotten a 6" threaded barrel to install a compensator on the 10 mm to tame it down a little.

I ended up with the 40 and 357 Sig barrels to add to my favorite auto.  The main thing was to pick up the 40 since I can shoot paper much cheaper with the 40.  10mm has come down some but still is at a premium.
Glock barrels also do not like cast bullets so the advantage to the aftermarkets are that when I handload I can go cast bullets to shoot much cheaper since AI also have all the bullet casting equipment.

Here is the pile of new "Parts" that give me a great pistol with caliber options.
RevisionCV.com Grips

RogueTS1

Quote from: Canoeal on December-03-19 20:12
I thought it was a 124...I had a Fiat once, a Strata. Worst car choice in my life.

Never a fan of the Stratas either .................... always a fan of the Rally Winning models (124, 132, 500). My first car was a 1974 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and I loved it. These cars were very advanced for their times in the day. With proper maintenance they can be very reliable.

rattlehead

Oh, by the way; this just showed up a few weeks ago. Figured I had a few minutes to get a decent photo of it so it can partake in this thread. So here it is ............ Ya'll have seen the pistol before ..... Beretta 21a in 6.35mm (one of several we have). The can is the new toy.

What a neat little set-up! Love it!

RogueTS1

Quote from: MR_22 on December-03-19 22:12
Fiat 124 Abarth Spider .............. she is coming along superbly at the moment.

124, really? I had one of those, too, but never ended up getting it on road before I sold it. Guess it's been too long since I dabbled in FIATs. Guess I didn't end up being as much of a tinkerer as I thought i would be.

One must just have a written plan; then just follow it in a driving manner to get through it. I do not tinker much myself. I plan a project and then mercilessly drive through it. I like the end products of the projects but just cannot sit still long enough on them.

Probably why I have so many projects throughout the year.  ::)

MR_22

Yeah, I got ya there, Rogue. I just didn't end up being as much of a mechanic as I wanted to be. I helped my dad replace the clutch in on old Dodge Horizon of mine and I vowed to never do anything like that again. With a big project like a car, you have to really enjoy working on it and I found out I didn't.

Building gun projects, now that's something I can really get into. :)

Texduk3

sweet, 
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

bleak_window

1968 Fiat 850 Spyder.  My Dad let me drive it on a big frozen lake when I was about 14.  He knew there was nothing I could smash into.

bearcatter

Except maybe the bottom of the lake? Glad it was thick enough for the weight of a car !
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

rattlehead

My NAA Pug is always on me, but its not my primary CCW. Its used as more of a NY reload/BUG. On my belt I carry a slim subcompact in 9mm. For many years it has been the S&W Shield which has been outstanding. BUT, with all the new high capacity subcompacts coming out lately I've been thinking it would be nice to have more capacity. So I was looking at the Sig p365 for a little while but decided to hold off since it only holds a couple more rounds than my Shield with the extended EMP base plate. Plus Sig had a few QC bugs to work out. I considered the Hellcat as well, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of Springfield.

I had zero interest in the Glock 43X until I heard that a company called Shield Arms was offering a 15 round metal flush fit magazine for it. Getting the exact same capacity of a Glock 19 in a pistol that small would be amazing! So I picked up a 43X along with the Shield S15 mag & metal mag catch. I've put 250 rounds through it so far and its been 100% reliable. I'm gonna put at least another 250 through it, and if it remains reliable it will be my new EDC CCW.

Also did a few other upgrades to help perfect "Glock Perfection".

KEN AR

Sweet Glock!  I have an old style 43 and put the Taren Tactical mag extension on for a Plus one and a Plus 3.
I have been looking at the 43X and 48 since they hit the shelves.  NIce set up and then like you I heard about the 15 round mag....
Somehow the 48 has moved up on my list of must haves.  Figure I can swap over my 43 slide if I want it shorter. but the 48 is still very compact.

I've got my discount coupon for the Blue Label box(Police/Military) price.  If you join the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy one gun a year at the discounted Police Price! Guns are priced different Blue label vs White label.  When you first sign up you have to do a two year membership in order to get a gun the first year. Just one of their rules but hey I can live with a good discount if I can triple the return on my money.

What all mods have you made to it thus far?

RevisionCV.com Grips

smokeless joe

These are my two newest acquisitions. One is good. Two is better. Love em.

RogueTS1

Hey Rick; this is what I emailed you about................ just in case you could not remember what I was speaking of.  ;D

RangerJim

Quote from: smokeless joe on July-31-20 18:07
These are my two newest acquisitions. One is good. Two is better. Love em.
That's a beautiful pair, Joe!  Perfect for the saddle bags!   8)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

RangerJim

Wow, rattlehead!  I do like Glock, but generally not due to its aesthetics.  But I have to say ... that is one beautiful G43X!   8)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

rattlehead

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-31-20 12:07
Sweet Glock!  I have an old style 43 and put the Taren Tactical mag extension on for a Plus one and a Plus 3.
I have been looking at the 43X and 48 since they hit the shelves.  NIce set up and then like you I heard about the 15 round mag....
Somehow the 48 has moved up on my list of must haves.  Figure I can swap over my 43 slide if I want it shorter. but the 48 is still very compact.

I've got my discount coupon for the Blue Label box(Police/Military) price.  If you join the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation you can buy one gun a year at the discounted Police Price! Guns are priced different Blue label vs White label.  When you first sign up you have to do a two year membership in order to get a gun the first year. Just one of their rules but hey I can live with a good discount if I can triple the return on my money.

What all mods have you made to it thus far?

Hey thanks Ken. The 48 is a good choice IMHO. If I still had my G43 I'd definitely opt for the 48. That way you'd have 3 different guns to choose from. G48, G43 and then if you put the G43 slide on the 48 frame you basically have a G43X.

The mods on my 43X are: TruGlo TFX Pro sights, Overwatch TAC trigger, Laser Stipple by Kilo Arms, undercut trigger guard, grip plug, Deadpoint guide rod light, Ghost extended slide release, Shield Arms S15 mag and mag release.

Quote from: RangerJim on August-02-20 19:08
Wow, rattlehead!  I do like Glock, but generally not due to its aesthetics.  But I have to say ... that is one beautiful G43X!   8)

Thanks Jim! To be honest I've never been a big fan of Glock ergonomics or aesthetics either. Always thought they looked and felt really blocky. The new slim line Glocks have sort of changed my mind though. IMHO they're a lot more ergonomic than their thicker siblings.

Canoeal

JMO but Glocks are as pretty as a brick.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke