Probation Period

Started by BMS52, October-18-16 15:10

Previous topic - Next topic

BMS52

I'm new enough to still need to have my posts approved.  I completely understand the  reasoning behind this but I'm curious as to what the normal length of time for approval is.  And also if the moderators decide to not publish one of my posts or if they decide to post it in another section, do they let you know? 

I'm enjoying learning about my new Guardian and all the other NAA products.  The more I read here the better I feel about joining the NAA owners family.  My only problem is that my sorry old eyes have trouble picking the right letters in the verification area.  I usually get it right about the 3rd try.   I hope to hit my 15 post mark soon.

Thanks
Brian

zburkett

Welcome to the crazy house.  I hope someone warned you the NAAs are like potato chips, you cant stop at one. 

Uncle_Lee

Probational user                    0-14
Gunfumbler                         15-49
Sometimes hits the target    50-99
Outer ring                          100-249
Middle ring                         250-499
Bullseye                             500-above

Welcome BM, struggle through and share what you have. Mental and guns.
Quite a few here struggle with seeing squiggly things clearly.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

To Old To Run

Hello Brian

Looks like from the number of your posts you should be through that part, it was hard for me also.
If not hang in there it will get better.  ;)

Magwell

Same here. Trying to get through the 'pink' period waiting for approval.... Kinda like waiting at the shop waiting for the state to call back with a 'Yes'
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
― Frank Lloyd Wright

dbrn

Welcome!  your  almost  there.   Glad  to have you here.

Arts09

I'm with you BMS52. Chipping slowly out of the probation period too!

bonjorno2

Same, Same.... I am trying to share some love and let the people looking know where I got my bug out box for 255 shipped! haha

smokeless joe

I was wondering about this myself. After probation will I still have to go thru the verification? I almost always get a letter wrong and have to do it again :/

RogueTS1

After probation all is free and easy. Type and send, post a photo and send.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

smokeless joe

Quote from: RogueTS1 on August-30-17 17:08
After probation all is free and easy. Type and send, post a photo and send.
Looking forward to it

bonjorno2

Warthog

Quote from: bonjorno2 on September-02-17 19:09
It's amazing!  8)
You forgot your photo, we love photos here.  ;D

My very first firearm, bought when I was 12 years old.  A Mossberg Palomino (#402) that says on the receiver will fire the following rounds, 22 S-L-LR.  I will too and the shorts can be a little hard to get to load but I love the rifle so much I still have it.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Stuffgeek

With photobucket gone, what free site is everyone using?

RogueTS1

You do not need a photo sight to post on NAA................ just post from your computer or phone.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

rogertc1

I am at 17 approved and can't get to GunFu. Giving up  now. is that what is wanted?

ajw65

Glad I found this, had me wondering.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

Warthog

Quote from: Stuffgeek on September-11-17 10:09
With photobucket gone, what free site is everyone using?

Imgur can be used to host pix.

https://imgur.com
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Uncle_Lee

Tinypic.com

I have been using that one for 8-10 years.

What is a GunFu??
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on October-30-17 19:10
What is a GunFu??
Maybe it's like Kung fu but instead of hand to hand combat you just shoot the guy?

Or... maybe gunfumbler

catbird

I hope this doesn't sound (too) mean-spirited.

I am a participating member on literally dozens of other message boards/forums and none of them had the imposed probationary waiting period to have their post(s) approved.

I submitted a new post yesterday and it's still not approved by a moderator.  Due to its non-controversial subject matter, it seems awfully silly that it just sits there waiting for "approval".  This is why I rarely post anything here.

:=( 

Warthog

Well there is one Moderator and one Administrator so sometimes it takes a while before the posts get approved.  I went though the same thing and once you get to your 16th post there will no longer be a need to type a code to prove your not a drone nor will your post need approval.  Just takes time.  You will get there and we welcome everyone.
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

God I hated that darn code. Almost always got it wrong the first time and had to do it again. Glad those days are over. Don't let frustration keep you from enjoying the Forum. A bunch of good info and good people in here. Stick it out catbird and get thru probation and have some fun.

MR_22

For some reason, I fail at entering Captcha codes probably 3 of 4 times and I can never tell what I entered wrong. I see their purpose, but I hate them.

Warthog

Captcha really bugs me, never get it right the first time or even the second time.

Catbird, stick it out and once you are off probation you won't need to do it anymore.
-Albert Einstein

Uncle_Lee

Probation period is tough, true.
You should try to run probate for a 1% bike club..... ;D
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-02-17 05:12
Probation period is tough, true.
You should try to run probate for a 1% bike club..... ;D
A close second uncle_lee 😄

kycliff162

Ya...It sucks...I do enjoy all the info I read, but replying is a pain.

catbird

I do understand (and appreciate) the responses.

When I have a NAA firearm question or issue that is time sensitive, having to wait a couple of days for forum help can be quite a handicap.  Oh, well...

Gripen

This probation period is very...inconvenient. Here's my Ruger KMK678, because I want to show it off and also because I only have like three posts still.  ::)

NAA Mini .22 Short
WTB Freedom Arms Patriot .22 LR (1 5/8")

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: catbird on December-02-17 17:12

When I have a NAA firearm question or issue that is time sensitive, having to wait a couple of days for forum help can be quite a handicap.  Oh, well...

Keep posting, just 5 more to go.
Then you will be a full member.. 8)
God, Country, & Flag

smokeless joe

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-04-17 09:12
Keep posting, just 5 more to go.
Then you will be a full member.. 8)
Patched in so to speak

Warthog

Quote from: catbird on December-02-17 17:12

I hope you will get your answers in a time that allows you to do what you need.  I will keep my eyes open for your posts and reply as soon as I am able if I have an answer.  If not, I will reply to keep it up on the top for others w=to see and respond.
-Albert Einstein

cedarview kid

Quote from: Gripen on December-02-17 19:12
This probation period is very...inconvenient. Here's my Ruger KMK678, because I want to show it off and also because I only have like three posts still.  ::)

Very nice. Here's my Ruger.