Wheel Gun Wednesday

Started by smokeless joe, October-18-17 06:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog

Yeah, show all of them at once and while you are at that maybe take and post a picture of the ported DB9...

I will wait for next week to post more of my revolvers, was busy and wasn't able to take pix and any of that...tomorrow my Ranger IIs come so I will be getting those ready to show off.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

heyjoe

It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

MR_22

Nice Taurus wheelie, Joe! OK, here come some pics! Gotta get all my revolvers from their various safes, LOL.

Bigbird48

;DGun Nut ...Gun Nut ...Gun Nut ;D

MR_22

A gun nut is the perfect solution when you have a screw loose.

RangerJim

Quote from: MR_22 on December-20-17 20:12
A gun nut is the perfect solution when you have a screw loose.
Hah!  Brilliant!   ;D
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

RangerJim

That's an awesome collection, MR_22!  I don't have any Tauri right now, but I've been thinking about getting one (or some ;) ) of the Polys.  They seem super-strong, attractive, and futuristic--three characteristics that I love.  What do you think of them? 

MR_22

smokeless joe

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-21-17 00:12
Quote from: RangerJim on December-20-17 20:12
What do you think of them?

I have 14 of them. :D

You mean with 14, you have a good chance that one of them will actually be working    :)

I can't believe the rough reviews you hear from some on the Taurus revolvers, having said that I only have one and it shot out of time the first time at the range, the gun fired somehow, but the cylinder was out of line with the barrel. It went back and was fixed after a long wait and came back with a lot of scratches. Has always worked since then. It has the lightest "hair" trigger in single action of any gun I've ever handled.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

MR_22

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-21-17 10:12
You mean with 14, you have a good chance that one of them will actually be working    :)

I can't believe the rough reviews you hear from some on the Taurus revolvers, having said that I only have one and it shot out of time the first time at the range, the gun fired somehow, but the cylinder was out of line with the barrel. It went back and was fixed after a long wait and came back with a lot of scratches. Has always worked since then. It has the lightest "hair" trigger in single action of any gun I've ever handled.

I've never had any problems with any of my Taurus revolvers, except a model 94 .22LR which had the rear sight pop off and get lost during my first shooting session. Contacted Taurus and they sent me a new one, which was easy to install. I sold it, though, because the trigger pull was horrendous. The model 94 is the only Taurus revolver I don't like.

I also sold a model 981 Hunter .22-Magnum revolver with a 12-inch barrel, but I loved that gun. I bought it for $249 in about 2001 and somebody offered $800 for it, so heck, how could I turn that down? I didn't like it THAT much! :D

So, given my board ID, it's quite ironic that of my 14 Taurus revolvers, none of them are .22's. I prefer old school H&R and Charter Arms .22 revolvers. But undecided on Taurus revolvers, Joe? Hehe, nope. Not me. I'm very opinionated when it comes to these revolvers.

Revolver "bigots" that use other more expensive rounds love to bash Tauruses, but my guess is that most of them have never shot one. They're aren't a high-end brand, but they are quite decent. As I implied with my comment of owning 14 of them, I very much like them. I never had one until maybe 5 years ago when I bought the white and green poly .38-Special. I fell in love with it and have been buying them ever since.

redhawk4

Quote from: MR_22 on December-21-17 10:12
Quote from: redhawk4 on December-21-17 10:12

Revolver "bigots"

Those will be the ones that even if you have a top brand will deride yours because you have a safety lock or a transfer bar, or something, on your model that wasn't made in 1974.

MR_22

So true, redhawk. Everybody has excuses for why their choice is better and no amount of reasoning will ever change their mind.

redhawk4

Unless their choice just is naturally better, like mine, then I don't need an excuse :)

Texduk3

Quote from: MR_22 on December-20-17 15:12
All righty then, look what I just picked up: a Taurus Tracker model 455 in .45ACP with a 6.5-inch barrel. A very nice addition to my Taurus revolver collection.

OH my !!    I may need a  tripod to shoot it  :o
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Bigbird48

Just as long as each of us is Happy with our choices, who cares if the other guy is not happy his choice  ;D ::)

Quote from: MR_22 on December-21-17 11:12
So true, redhawk. Everybody has excuses for why their choice is better and no amount of reasoning will ever change their mind.

MR_22

Quote from: Texduk3 on December-21-17 15:12
Quote from: MR_22 on December-20-17 15:12
All righty then, look what I just picked up: a Taurus Tracker model 455 in .45ACP with a 6.5-inch barrel. A very nice addition to my Taurus revolver collection.

OH my !!    I may need a  tripod to shoot it  :o

Haha, yeah, you might! But check out my Taurus 608 in the top left. That's a .357-Magnum 8-shot revolver with an 8-3/8-inch barrel. Now that's a beast! It's the most Dirty-Harryiest gun I own.

RogueTS1

Quote from: lefty dude on December-20-17 10:12
I WIN !
With a pair of Custom shop SAA Colts, with cons. Serial Numbers, caliber 44WCF, with factor fitted second cylinder/bushings in 44 special. Blued finish with CC frame. 4 3/4" barrels.
Photo's to be posted later !

I want to see these Lefty ...................... they sound beautiful. I love the SAA ............ and in a proper caliber too.  ;)

As noted by a previous photo of my set in .45 Colt.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

lizbill

My little Triplets (3 .38s and a 9mm)

Canoeal

This one works...even as I wait for the return of my BW...probably after the new year...oops it is Friday, sorry...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

MR_22

Quote from: Canoeal on December-22-17 20:12
This one works...even as I wait for the return of my BW...probably after the new year...

Nice. I've got one of the old-school Charter Arms .22LR Pathfinders. One of my favorite 22 revolvers. Don't care for the new ones as much, but I've never owned one, so maybe my judgement isn't fair. That does look like a nice gun.

smokeless joe

I got no pics someone gimme a fix this chilly Wednesday

RangerJim

I think I posted this in a different thread a few weeks ago, but here you go, Joe!   8)

Warthog

Good save Ranger Jim!  I was busy today so no pix from me.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

smokeless joe

Yes thank you Jim for saving the day  ;D

Uncle_Lee

Thanks Jim.
Warmed me right up.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

RangerJim

Happy to help, guys!   ;D

smokeless joe

Quote from: RangerJim on January-04-18 06:01
Happy to help, guys!   ;D
What model Smith's are those Jim

RangerJim

Ah, sorry, Joe.  At the top left is a Bodyguard in 38 Special, and at the bottom right is a 351 C in 22 Magnum (22 W.R.F).

The others are Rugers:
    - SP101 - 9MM (stainless, top)
    - LCR - .327 Federal (middle right)
    - LCR - 9MM (lower left)

On another note ...  Why the heck does my picture turn upside-down when I click on it?  It's not that way on my computer.  Is there a way to fix it, so it doesn't keep happening when people click it?

Bigbird48

Thats a new one on me. if you post then upside down I can fix it, but this I don't know.

smokeless joe

Quote from: RangerJim on January-04-18 07:01

Ah, sorry, Joe.  At the top left is a Bodyguard in 38 Special, and at the bottom right is a 351 C in 22 Magnum (22 W.R.F).

The others are Rugers:
    - SP101 - 9MM (stainless, top)
    - LCR - .327 Federal (middle right)
    - LCR - 9MM (lower left)

On another note ...  Why the heck does my picture turn upside-down when I click on it?  It's not that way on my computer.  Is there a way to fix it, so it doesn't keep happening when people click it?
I may have to take a closer look at the .38 at my lgs. I've got an sp101 in 9mm also with a 3" barrel and also a .38 and 9 lcr. Not sure why your pic flips when viewing on a pc. I do 99% of my posts on my phone so I just pinch and zoom rather than click on the pics.

smokeless joe

Just tried it on my phone and sure enough it's upside down when I do. Back to pinch and zoom ;)

RangerJim

Yeah, I do about half on iPad and half on my PC.  Guess I'll just live with it.  Thanks, guys!   8)

Bigbird48

Dang Jim that means we have to live with it to :-\

smokeless joe

Trying to fix it for ya Jim

Quote from: RangerJim on January-03-18 20:01
I think I posted this in a different thread a few weeks ago, but here you go, Joe!   8)